H. Andrew Hansen II, MD, FACS, FACC, FACPh
Dr. Hansen is a board certified cardiovascular surgeon and has been treating venous disease for over 30 years. He graduated from Texas A&M University in 1971 and was listed in Who’s Who Among Colleges and Universities as well as a number of other honors. After completing medical school at Texas Tech University School of Medicine, graduating AOA (Alpha Omega Alpha), he trained under legendary cardiovascular surgeon and childhood hero (along with Mickey Mantle and John David Crow), Dr. Michael E. DeBakey, in general and vascular surgery. He then completed a residency in thoracic and cardiovascular surgery at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr. Hansen has been on the cutting edge of the latest surgical technology and was the first in Texas to implant a Jarvik AVAD in 1987. He is also the fifth surgeon in the United States to perform Robotic Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TMR) on patients who are not candidates for angioplasty or open heart surgery (www.cardiogenesis.com). He is a charter member in The International Society For Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery as well as several prestigious surgical societies. In particular he is a member of the two societies devoted to the latest treatment of venous disease -- The American College of Phlebology and The American Venous Forum. He is currently the President/CEO of Central Texas Cardiovascular Surgery.
Dr. Hansen has been an active Former Student of Texas A&M serving as President of The Association of Former Students in 1990, as well as a Trustee of The A&M Foundation and Endowed Twelfth Man Foundation Member. He has donated a pillar to the Hagler Center as well as The Clayton Williams Alumni Center, where along with the Class of 1955 is the Hansen Fountain, memorializing and honoring his parents.
Dr. Hansen is a member of numerous professional local, state, and national medical and surgical societies including:
- Michael E. DeBakey International Cardiovascular Surgical Society
- American Heart Association
- Southern Thoracic Surgical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- International Society of Heart Transplantation
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Society for Vascular Surgery (formerly the North American Chapter of the International Society for Cardiovascular Surgery)
- Denton A. Cooley Cardiovascular Surgical Society
- International Society for Endovascular Surgery
- International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (Charter Member)
- The Texas Surgical Society
- Clinical Professor of Surgery, Texas A&M Health Science Center
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery